The Late Great Planet Earth
07-25-2006, 11:14 PM
This is a religious post, so if you don't get into that sort of thing don't read it!

Hal Lindsey, a Biblical Prophecy scholar, wrote this article, and also wrote one of the best selling Christian titles of all time; "The Late Great Planet Earth"

http://www.hallindseyoracle.com/articles...leID=13165

UNCOVERED: RUSSIAN-SYRIAN-IRANIAN AXIS
Quote this message in a reply
07-26-2006, 09:03 AM
Matrix13 Wrote:This is a religious post, so if you don't get into that sort of thing don't read it!

Hal Lindsey, a Biblical Prophecy scholar, wrote this article, and also wrote one of the best selling Christian titles of all time; "The Late Great Planet Earth"

http://www.hallindseyoracle.com/articles...leID=13165

UNCOVERED: RUSSIAN-SYRIAN-IRANIAN AXIS
That is something to be very much concerned about,especially since the main media won't look at it from that perspective,but I absolutely believe we are in the end times,not saying it's the last 5 years,it could be 50 or 100(I doubt it),but anyone that has learned bible prophecy has to be concerned about these events.
Find all posts by this user
07-26-2006, 09:21 AM
Hal Lindsey needs to read this: http://www.christiancourier.com/articles...e_prophecy

Anybody who studies the Bible does. Mr. Lindsey has taken the prophecy out of context. He also says:

"Thank God that you have received the gift of pardon that Jesus purchased by dying in your place under the judgment for your sins. You will be miraculously snatched up to heaven to meet Him before the antichrist is revealed."

But the Bible teaches that no one will enter heaven until after the day of judgement. Meanwhile, those who have died are waiting, either in paradise or in torment (based on how their lives were lived, according to the scriptures).

He also says "But if you haven’t received this free gift of pardon and accepted Jesus into your life, now is the time. Don’t put it off. It is like playing Russian roulette with eternity. Pray right now and receive your forgiveness. Ask Jesus Christ to come into your life and make it what He wants it to be. He will give you new desires, new joy and purpose for living. Do it now."

This is also in contradiction with what the Bible teaches! Many people say that this prayer is what can save you, but nowhere in the Bible is this prayer mentioned. Here's what the Bible says (borrowed from someone who writes better than myself, but still accurate) --We must be united with him in his death (Romans 6:3-4). Paul teaches that we are saved when we obey from the heart (Romans 6:17). When we, with confessed faith in Jesus and a penitent heart, are baptized into Christ for the remission of our sins (cf. Acts 2:38), we have obeyed (cf. Hebrews 5:9) that which is necessary to be saved. Furthermore, we must be obedient to his word until death (Rev. 2:10).

That is what the Bible teaches. Mr. Lindsey claims to speak the truth, but contradicts the Inspired Word of God. People need to take note of this.

SEVER IDAHO!

http://www.thesugarbuzzproject.net

Please read it. It might just save your...ah, who am I kidding. It won't benefit mankind at all. But it might make you laugh...
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
07-26-2006, 09:25 AM
from christiancourier.com:

Ezekiel
The book of Ezekiel represents the message of the prophet by that name who was taken captive in the second deportation of the Jews to Babylon; this occurred around 598-7 B.C. (2 Kings 24:14-15). Ezekiel began his ministry in the fifth year of his captivity (about seven or eight years before the final destruction of the temple). He continued his work for some 22 years (cf. Ezek. 1:2; 29:17).

Just as there had been false prophets among the Hebrew people in Palestine (cf. Jer. 28:3), so also evil deceivers were among the Jews in Babylon. These corrupt prophets were suggesting that the captivity would not last a full 70 years, as Jeremiah had declared (Jer. 25:12; 29:10); rather, within a couple of years or so (cf. Jer. 28:3), this Babylonian unpleasantness would be over, and Israel would be restored to its homeland.

It was Ezekiel’s task to:

Renounce this false hope of an early return, and to prophesy the fall of Jerusalem (in 586 B.C.), the early portion of the book (1-24) being written before that event
Show that Jehovah would visit judgment upon the pagan nations as well (25-32)
Preview the return of the Hebrews from captivity (33-48)
Reveal the ultimate blessings that would flow to those who follow the leadership of that “Branch of righteousness” (the Messiah), who would come out of David’s lineage (cf. 33:15)

Unfortunately, modern denominationalists have distorted much of the final portion of Ezekiel, alleging that the prophetic fulfillment is to be found in an earthly, millennial reign of Christ from Jerusalem (see: Charles H. Dyer, “Ezekiel,” The Bible Knowledge Commentary – Old Testament, John Walvoord & Roy Zuck, eds., Wheaton, IL: Victor Books, 1985). There is, of course, no such hope found anywhere in the Bible.

SEVER IDAHO!

Please read it. It might just save your...ah, who am I kidding. It won't benefit mankind at all. But it might make you laugh...
07-26-2006, 09:28 AM
wwstewart Wrote:Hal Lindsey needs to read this: http://www.christiancourier.com/articles...e_prophecy

Anybody who studies the Bible does. Mr. Lindsey has taken the prophecy out of context. He also says:

"Thank God that you have received the gift of pardon that Jesus purchased by dying in your place under the judgment for your sins. You will be miraculously snatched up to heaven to meet Him before the antichrist is revealed."

But the Bible teaches that no one will enter heaven until after the day of judgement. Meanwhile, those who have died are waiting, either in paradise or in torment (based on how their lives were lived, according to the scriptures).

He also says "But if you haven’t received this free gift of pardon and accepted Jesus into your life, now is the time. Don’t put it off. It is like playing Russian roulette with eternity. Pray right now and receive your forgiveness. Ask Jesus Christ to come into your life and make it what He wants it to be. He will give you new desires, new joy and purpose for living. Do it now."

This is also in contradiction with what the Bible teaches! Many people say that this prayer is what can save you, but nowhere in the Bible is this prayer mentioned. Here's what the Bible says (borrowed from someone who writes better than myself, but still accurate) --We must be united with him in his death (Romans 6:3-4). Paul teaches that we are saved when we obey from the heart (Romans 6:17). When we, with confessed faith in Jesus and a penitent heart, are baptized into Christ for the remission of our sins (cf. Acts 2:38), we have obeyed (cf. Hebrews 5:9) that which is necessary to be saved. Furthermore, we must be obedient to his word until death (Rev. 2:10).

That is what the Bible teaches. Mr. Lindsey claims to speak the truth, but contradicts the Inspired Word of God. People need to take note of this.

I'm not getting into a big bible discussion here,but once you are saved,you are always saved,you don't go to Heaven on works.We can nit pick all day,but the story of Revelation is true and it is being fulfilled during our lifetimes.
07-26-2006, 09:43 AM
Revelation prophecy is/was true:

Revelation contains word pictures of horses, beasts, horns, bowls which pour forth wrath, bloody battle scenes, etc. The very first verse asserts that it is “the revelation of Jesus Christ” which was “signified” to John while the apostle was in exile on Patmos.

But the symbolism has a definite purpose. It is designed to covertly convey a message of hope to Christian people in an era of dreadful persecution. The imagery is based upon language employed in the Old Testament. Westcott and Hort’s Greek New Testament lists over 500 references or allusions from the Old Testament in the book of Revelation. The Christians, being familiar with these Scriptures, would grasp the significance of the symbols, while their enemies would have no clue as to the thrust of the document’s message. One can only imagine how their persecution might have been intensified had they been apprehended circulating a treatise that predicted the overthrow of Rome—in literal language! Roman authorities repressed any group whose prophets denounced Rome (Keener, p. 762).

=====
As for not wanting to get into a Bible discussion, why? If people's salvation is at risk, why not strive to teach the truth? Anyone - even the Biblically educated - can benefit from study. That's sad.

SEVER IDAHO!

07-26-2006, 09:47 AM
I just meant i didn't at this time...am heading out the door.But I agree with your last post...
07-27-2006, 06:05 PM
Stormlover Wrote:That is something to be very much concerned about,especially since the main media won't look at it from that perspective,but I absolutely believe we are in the end times,not saying it's the last 5 years,it could be 50 or 100(I doubt it),but anyone that has learned bible prophecy has to be concerned about these events.

I agree with everything you said.

For those who think Ezekiel chapter 38 doesn't refer to later times (now) consider this;

1) the countries mentioned are very easily identified
2) Russia has never taken direct military action against Israel etc.

Regarding G_d's Word through Isaiah, as of right now Damascus has never been reduced to rubble; so this can only refer to some time after right now.

Looks like the "Last Day" alignments are falling, or have already fallen, into place.
07-27-2006, 06:11 PM
My pastor says we have only 8 or so more years left on Earth before Christ's Second Coming! Oh and in 2008, when the National ID Card comes into play, that is supposed to signify the "mark of the beast" if you will. I do not know about the 8 years part, but I know its very very near!

[SIZE="4"][COLOR="RoyalBlue"]I RIDES DA SHERT BUS WIT HCW'S CASS & ZIGGY CAWZ WEEZ SPESHUL!!!
[/COLOR][/SIZE]

[SIZE="2"]You can take the girl out of Louisiana, but you can NEVER take Louisiana out of the girl![/SIZE]

CAJUN GHETTO HEADBANGER ON DA LOOSE!!!
07-27-2006, 06:18 PM
Hemorhage Wrote:My pastor says we have only 8 or so more years left on Earth before Christ's Second Coming! Oh and in 2008, when the National ID Card comes into play, that is supposed to signify the "mark of the beast" if you will. I do not know about the 8 years part, but I know its very very near!

Hard to say when everything will happen.