Duke lacrosse alleged rape case gets more interesting
04-17-2006, 04:24 PM
Two dancers caught in lies by telling security guard different story...no mention of rape or assault after the "incident"....

http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/LegalCenter/st...938&page=1

Also, phone pics dispell rape charge:

http://www.nypost.com/news/nationalnews/62543.htm
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-17-2006, 04:58 PM
Hmmm, this is the first I hear of this. Sounds like a bunch of bull. Those girls shoulda laid off the drugs and sauce to come up with a better, more believable, story than that! What idiots!

[Image: eye2.gif] [SIZE="4"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]'Eye'[/FONT][/SIZE]
[FONT="Georgia"][Image: 4th2.gif]"Some say this Country's just out lookin' for a fight. Well after 9/11 man, I'd have to have to say that's right!" Darryl Worley....country song named "Have you Forgotten". [/FONT]
04-17-2006, 08:24 PM
But I just heard on the news that two players were arrested or something? I hate it when these cases get all insanely confusing....
04-17-2006, 08:39 PM
DURHAM, N.C. (AP) — A grand jury issued sealed indictments Monday against two members of the Duke University lacrosse team in connection with allegations that a stripper was raped last month at a team party, a source close to the case told The Associated Press. USA TODAY has been unable to independently confirm this report.
The source, speaking on condition of anonymity because the grand jury proceedings are secret, said he did not know which players were indicted or what charges they faced.

The grand jury adjourned around 2 p.m. Monday, handing up indictments a short time later to Superior Court Judge Ronald Stephens. A filing at the courthouse said the judge had sealed at least one indictment, citing a state law that allows an indictment to be "kept secret until the defendant is arrested or appears before the court."

The real art of conversation is not only to say the right thing at the right time, but also to leave unsaid the wrong thing at the tempting moment.
04-17-2006, 09:02 PM
Wow! This sounds like 2 totally different cases. WTF? :confused:

[Image: eye2.gif] [SIZE="4"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]'Eye'[/FONT][/SIZE]
[FONT="Georgia"][Image: 4th2.gif]"Some say this Country's just out lookin' for a fight. Well after 9/11 man, I'd have to have to say that's right!" Darryl Worley....country song named "Have you Forgotten". [/FONT]
04-17-2006, 09:15 PM
eyendastorm Wrote:Wow! This sounds like 2 totally different cases. WTF? :confused:

THANK YOU!!! haha
04-17-2006, 09:19 PM
It is because the case if being tried in the media and not the courts. The lawyers on both sides are just putting out what the want out.

I doubt this girl was raped and if she was she was so out of it she wouldn't remember any details of it anyway.

The real art of conversation is not only to say the right thing at the right time, but also to leave unsaid the wrong thing at the tempting moment.
04-17-2006, 09:21 PM
Which puzzles me on how anyone still thinks they have a case against these players...
04-17-2006, 09:26 PM
LSUtigers87 Wrote:Which puzzles me on how anyone still thinks they have a case against these players...

There must be some kind of evidence for the grand jury to return indictments. I am curious myself. The woman could have been raped and was just so drugged that she didn't even know what was going on. I wonder why the other stripper that was with her didn't tell the cops when they came to the grocery store and why did she lie and tell them she picked her up because peopel were yelling racial slurs at her. I am beginning to think the allegeded victime doesn't have a clue what happened and the other girl is pushing the issue to possibly get the girl to get money in a civil suit and give her some for helping. Who knows.

04-17-2006, 09:40 PM
ladybug Wrote:DURHAM, N.C. (AP) — A grand jury issued sealed indictments Monday against two members of the Duke University lacrosse team in connection with allegations that a stripper was raped last month at a team party, a source close to the case told The Associated Press. USA TODAY has been unable to independently confirm this report.
The source, speaking on condition of anonymity because the grand jury proceedings are secret, said he did not know which players were indicted or what charges they faced.

The grand jury adjourned around 2 p.m. Monday, handing up indictments a short time later to Superior Court Judge Ronald Stephens. A filing at the courthouse said the judge had sealed at least one indictment, citing a state law that allows an indictment to be "kept secret until the defendant is arrested or appears before the court."