Next toy I want..... Ruger 10/22. Does anyone have one? like it?
11-09-2010, 10:16 AM (This post was last modified: 11-09-2010 10:17 AM by Squirrelmonkey.)
[Image: 1022-2_tkoc.jpg]

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

"Don't believe them, don't fear them, don't ask anything of them." ~Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-09-2010, 10:38 AM
Squirrelmonkey Wrote:[Image: 1022-2_tkoc.jpg]

I've shot the 10/22 several times. its fun and a good gun. This is what you want and says BA when you pull it out. I keep mine on the top of the cabinets at the back door.

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSuPYMShB76V1yAzrhAUO7...5TXcnyZqg=]
11-09-2010, 11:07 AM (This post was last modified: 11-09-2010 11:14 AM by Squirrelmonkey.)
how fast can you get a follow up shot on squirrel and other small game with the lever?

I have always been an Automatic guy with the exception of my bolt action long guns........

I think my AR w/ Eotech, quad rails, surefire, and vertical front grip will suffice for any yard zombies!

my current .22lr is a Savage Model 63m single shot bolt action.....

[Image: hpim8059.jpg_thumbnail1.jpg&t=1]

- mine does not have a magazine*

......it has a bad firing pin and ejector spring....it will make more sense to replace than repair currently. I will eventually tinker with it and fix it when my son is older..........this is the rifle I learned to shoot on, and I don't think you can beat a .22 single shot for teaching a child how to shoot. It keeps them from learning to rely on a follow up shot (like my out of practice butt is having to do right now), and keeps them from getting too froggy with the rate of fire.

I got to the point with this one that it was a point and shoot....I didn't use the sights and could hit a tin can inside .50 yds every time......used to put a lot more

"Don't believe them, don't fear them, don't ask anything of them." ~Alexander Solzhenitsyn

11-09-2010, 11:13 AM
Squirrelmonkey Wrote:how fast can you get a follow up shot on squirrel and other small game with the lever?

I have always been an Automatic guy with the exception of my bolt action long guns........

I think my AR w/ Eotech, quad rails, surefire, and vertical front grip will suffice for any yard zombies!

......it has a bad firing pin and ejector spring....it will make more sense to replace than repair currently. I will eventually tinker with it and fix it when my son is older..........this is the rifle I learned to shoot on, and I don't think you can beat a .22 single shot for teaching a child how to shoot. It keeps them from learning to rely on a follow up shot (like my out of practice butt is having to do right now), and keeps them from getting too froggy with the rate of fire.

Is that why Wind always calls you quick shot?
11-09-2010, 11:17 AM (This post was last modified: 11-09-2010 11:18 AM by Squirrelmonkey.)
Katfive Wrote:Is that why Wind always calls you quick shot?

no....that's because i'm fat, 30, sex is too closely related to exercise, and lately I would rather chase chicken wings than *****

11-09-2010, 12:00 PM
Squirrelmonkey Wrote:how fast can you get a follow up shot on squirrel and other small game with the lever?

I got to the point with this one that it was a point and shoot....I didn't use the sights and could hit a tin can inside .50 yds every time......used to put a lot more

You only get one shot with small game, unless rabbit hunting at night which is illegal around these parts according to the game warden I met the other night. The LA is for shooting stray dogs and cats that wonder into my yard and for zombies at 50 yards.
11-09-2010, 02:17 PM
nightrider Wrote:unless rabbit hunting at night which is illegal around these parts according to the game warden I met the other night.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

11-09-2010, 06:45 PM
Munkie, I have a stock stainless steel Ruger 10/22. There are a lot of after market stuff for the 10/22. I think my brother has one tricked out with a folding stock & flash guard. I was looking into getting a new stock with build in laser.

So far, I have only shot it as a single shot in my back yard because I live within the city, so, I used CB Longs in it and it does have enough power to work the bolt. Sounds just like my old Benjamin .177 pump pellet rife which is what I learned to shot on. When my eyes was better, I could freehand, hit a dime at 30 yards with open sights.

Only people with oversized egos believe that mankind has caused global warming.

Scientific Consensus is an Oxymoron

Obama, Oathbreaker!
11-10-2010, 03:44 AM
I have two of them, one with a scope and one without. Good guns.

"He's a politician. It's like being a hooker. You can't be one unless you can pretend to like people while you're screwing them."
11-10-2010, 10:08 AM
.223 & 7.62x39 are getting a little expensive for fun shooting.........can't wait to spend $12 for a full day of shooting.

thinking about a .22 conversion slide for my glock collection as well