Chat & PM probs?
03-10-2005, 02:53 PM
Chat & PM probs?
Is anyone else having or have had in recent days problems with the chat or the PM's? For like the last 2 days I have been having an aggravating time with both, sheesh!!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-10-2005, 02:55 PM
Chat & PM probs?
Beaujolais Wrote:Is anyone else having or have had in recent days problems with the chat or the PM's? For like the last 2 days I have been having an aggravating time with both, sheesh!!

Chat-Yes
PMS-that time of the month again?
PMs-No
Find all posts by this user
03-10-2005, 02:55 PM
Chat & PM probs?
What kind of problems ?
03-10-2005, 02:56 PM
Chat & PM probs?
Like not being able to get into chat...
03-10-2005, 02:56 PM
Chat & PM probs?
I'm able to send PM's but I'm not receiving some of them and I go to the chat and I get kicked back to the original screen.
03-10-2005, 03:10 PM
Chat & PM probs?
I can't chat from the house but I can from the office - I don't understand that part.

No problems with PMS or PM here though.
03-10-2005, 03:15 PM
Chat & PM probs?
LOL Katie!!
03-10-2005, 03:18 PM
Chat & PM probs?
Reinstall Java
03-10-2005, 03:24 PM
Chat & PM probs?
MY SEXY MAN!! Wrote:Chat-Yes
PMS-that time of the month again?
PMs-No

No PMS here Phil. Thats next week dear!! I will reinstall Java and go drink some Java Rollie and thanks for the advice. Thank you also Katie for your response. Phil be good and I love ya Hun!! :hugkis:
03-10-2005, 07:03 PM
Chat & PM probs?
1: Windows Update; Update Windows at Microsoft Windows Update. Just click on Start, then Windows Update. Many security loopholes are found and exploited and Microsoft patches for these. Millions of people were affected by the Blaster worm because they were not up to date, as an example. If you're not up to date, you're at risk. You can setup automatic updates in your control panel; go to Start, Settings, Control panel.

2: Remove Microsoft Java; Microsofts no longer supported version of Java is often a source of installed spyware and hijacks so it is a good idea to remove Microsoft Java Virtual Machine and Install Sun Java. To remove it follow these steps.

1: Select Start > Run and Enter "RunDll32 advpack.dll,LaunchINFSection java.inf,UnInstall" in the Open box, and click ok.
2: Click Yes to confirm that you want to remove the Microsoft VM
3: When prompted, reboot the computer
4: Remove the following items: (Systemroot is where windows is installed (usually C:\Windows)
The \%Systemroot%\Java folder
The file java.PNF from the \%Systemroot%\inf folder
The files jview.exe and wjview.exe from the \%Systemroot%\system32 folder
The registry subkey HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \ SOFTWARE \ Microsoft \ Java VM
The registry subkey HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \ SOFTWARE \ Microsoft \ InternetExplorer \ AdvancedOptions \ JAVA_VM

OR

Download and run the MSJVM Removal Tool 1.0a

5: Install Sun Java here: http://java.com/en/

You can choose a different language if you need it from the top menu on that page.

(Any files or registry entries not found or errors can be ignored and go to the next step)

Optionally, consider replacing your web browser with a free alternative like FireFox or a shareware browser like Opera, for example.