John McCain "suspends campain" to focus on the economy
09-24-2008, 02:34 PM
http://www.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/09/24/c...index.html

Here's a stupid question. Isn't this the best time to be having a debate? When there's a MAJOR issue on the mind of every American?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-24-2008, 02:46 PM
Daniel294 Wrote:http://www.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/09/24/c...index.html

Here's a stupid question. Isn't this the best time to be having a debate? When there's a MAJOR issue on the mind of every American?

Well, now it won't much matter if the country plunges into a depression while they're debating. They both agreed it made sense to get something done on this issue and then get back to the campaign. I did think it was funny that they were gonna move in a bi-partisan spirit, but then began fighting over who's idea it was!
09-24-2008, 03:15 PM
The debate is THE most important part of the campaign. It's the primary responsibility of the candidate to participate, and it's where people gain the most knowledge about a candidate. To postpone/skip even one is a travesty to our electoral system.
09-24-2008, 03:20 PM
Daniel294 Wrote:The debate is THE most important part of the campaign. It's the primary responsibility of the candidate to participate, and it's where people gain the most knowledge about a candidate. To postpone/skip even one is a travesty to our electoral system.

So if Japan had attacked Pearl Harbor three days before a debate, would you not have wanted the two senators running for the office to get back to Washington and vote on laws authorizing the Government to meet that challenge. If it postponed a debate for a week, would it matter?
09-24-2008, 03:22 PM
Katfive Wrote:So if Japan had attacked Pearl Harbor three days before a debate, would you not have wanted the two senators running for the office to get back to Washington and vote on laws authorizing the Government to meet that challenge. If it postponed a debate for a week, would it matter?
Make a system to vote from afar or have the debate in Washington.
09-24-2008, 03:23 PM
Daniel294 Wrote:The debate is THE most important part of the campaign. It's the primary responsibility of the candidate to participate, and it's where people gain the most knowledge about a candidate. To postpone/skip even one is a travesty to our electoral system.

I think I agree. You keep hearing, "I'm voting for him because I don't like the other guy" and vise versa. This is the one time where people can really see what each candidate offers, and also, at least for me because I am lazy, can finally see all at once, what each candidate offers.
09-24-2008, 04:14 PM
Headline:

FRAIL OLD MAN RUNS FROM YOUNG AFRICAN-AMERICAN ASKING FOR CHANGE
09-24-2008, 05:06 PM
Thanks for bringing a little levity to this thread DJ. It needed it.....peee yewww....

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] What do urine samples and Canadian beer have in common? The taste.
09-24-2008, 09:25 PM
Daniel294 Wrote:http://www.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/09/24/c...index.html

It is scheduled as a debate on foreign policy...
09-24-2008, 09:28 PM
Charles Helm Wrote:It is scheduled as a debate on foreign policy...
Then change it to be on the economy, and have the foreign policy debate later.