Pattern overview/longrange
01-23-2005, 04:04 PM
Pattern overview/longrange
Don't want to jump on anything just yet, but looks like another week of alberta clippers (light snow events) for much of the northeast a mix probably as you get further south. I got a total of 20 inches here, got some pic's...there was once a time when i thought it was going to change to sleet here but it didn't. The snowflakes got very large though, and it broke some tree branches during that time period. This morning was a nightmare cleaning out, full fledged blizzard, with sustained winds at or above 40 mph-try snow blowing, let alone standing! Snowfall rates during that time ranged 2-3 to possibly 4 inches, it was incredible!! Back to reality....

The flow has flattened and since the southern stream has entered the game, things will get very interesting...probably the Joel Myer's Rubberband theory will be metioned again. One phaser through the ohio valley and then one big storm off the east-sometime next week...I hear rumors of a warm-up on other weather boards, all i can say is put it to rest. The trof is east of Hawaii, cold in Europe, trof in Asia, blocking taking place, NAO hinting negative etc. etc. etc. When you have the southern stream involved things could get very snowy with the tap of all that moisture from the oceanic regions.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply