Longranger
12-19-2004, 04:56 PM
Longranger
The pattern has been reached, at the least one I described, trof in the east and ridge in the west. The models are having some feedback problems, because they want to switch the pattern back, but that won't happen for a while, so don’t be surprised in the forecasting temp. for day 14 is 55 degrees here in long lsland. It seems like a never ending train of Alberta clippers with all this downstream energy, paltered out by the polar vortex, the current one seems to developing rather early, must be from the cold un-stable air. The current weather map depicts that image, mentioned. I am worried of a future snowstorm for interior new England once again (the path might change), but more of the synoptic stuff; could be 6-12 inches. Right now warm advection snow is taking place in parts of N.D and Minnesota...with this arctic air, the people mentioned could see 4-6 inches, a lot considering it's a warm front. The next batch of cold air will be longer lived as the pattern becomes less progressive, for the rest of the week with the Christmas forecast mostly cloudy. I wouldn't even begin to take a stab, but there is lots of energy and colder then normal temperatures, should though leave the possibility of a white Christmas very high. Right now more concerned with my forecast, could see 2-3 inches here in Long Island...just enough to satisfy much of the snow geese for a while! Sorry if the discussion jumps around, was just mentioning some of my notes jotted down...didn't have time to compose.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-19-2004, 05:36 PM
Longranger
it's okay.

It looks like we will get some REAL snow this winter!
12-19-2004, 10:28 PM
Longranger
it's snowing already!