Hardcore Weather
Central Florida - Printable Version

+- Hardcore Weather (http://hardcoreweather.com)
+-- Forum: Weather (/forum-4.html)
+--- Forum: Local Weather (/forum-13.html)
+--- Thread: Central Florida (/thread-974.html)

Central Florida - liftofflady - 06-13-2009 09:06 PM

Storms this afternoon exploded to my north in Flagler (tornado warned) and Volusia counties. Just as soon as it moved south enough to effect my county it moved offshore so I never got a drop. Cape Canaveral got hit pretty hard.

Central Florida - ChessieStorm - 06-13-2009 09:22 PM

I clouded up here with some dark clouds, but all the action was north and then northeast of us. /waiting

By sunset the sun was back out and giving us a beautiful sunset.

Tonight, as of 11:30 p.m., we're still sitting at 80°, another indication that the gulf waters are getting warmer and it won't be long when 75° at night will be the overnight low.

Central Florida - ocala - 06-14-2009 05:10 AM

That huge cell in southern Marion county was about 5 miles east of me.
Man the sky was just coal black to the east with continuous thunder.
Mighty impressive!
I did manage to get a .07 though.
Grass is still green but not growing anymore. Need the normal June rains to get going but it doesn't look like this week. Sad

Central Florida - virgo10 - 06-14-2009 06:02 AM

ChessieStorm Wrote:Gulf water temps are also rising due to basically cloud free conditions over the water and longer daylight.

Hopefully the rainy season will start or at least get going again, but until then we're hot and humd.

The water temp at St. Pete is 89 degrees! /Wow Surprisingly, even though those storms were far to our north, they pushed down some cooler air around 7:30 last night. No rain but it was nice to be outside and not feel like you were in a microwave. /laugh4

Central Florida - ChessieStorm - 06-14-2009 08:48 PM

virgo10 Wrote:The water temp at St. Pete is 89 degrees! /Wow Surprisingly, even though those storms were far to our north, they pushed down some cooler air around 7:30 last night. No rain but it was nice to be outside and not feel like you were in a microwave. /laugh4

Then that old boundary did spark some showers and storms around noon, but weakened as it moved south into the Pinellas, but fired up some in Hillsborough Counties.

We managed to get about .10" from this stuff before the sea breezes moved inland.

Central Florida - virgo10 - 06-17-2009 02:06 PM

Good grief, 5 houses on one street in Davenport got hit by lightning during last night's storm. /Wow

Quote:DAVENPORT - A Polk County neighborhood is still reeling from a lightning storm Tuesday evening that left five homes with some degree of damage, Polk County Fire Rescue officials said.

Rest of the story.

http://www2.tbo.com/content/2009/jun/17/lightning-storm-leaves-polk-neighborhood-reeling/news-breaking/

We were lucky here as the worst of the storm passed off to our east. Everyone's been talking about how the sky turned a sickly yellow. Even the air looked yellow. It was bizarre.

Central Florida - virgo10 - 06-18-2009 03:48 PM

The leading edge of today's thunderstorm. This cloud was attempting rotation. We had wind gusts to nearly 40 mph.

[Image: clouda6-18-09.jpg]

Central Florida - liftofflady - 06-18-2009 04:44 PM

awesome pic!!!

Central Florida - ocala - 06-20-2009 07:59 AM

They are talking about hitting the century mark this weekend.
Can't say if I ever remember it getting that high.
I looked back through my weather stations records that go to 03 and the highest I found is 98.9 in June of 07.
Yeah, summer has arrived.
Officially tomorrow.

Central Florida - liftofflady - 06-20-2009 08:06 AM

I'm thinking living on the coast is a real good thing right about now. It was so hot yesterday in Melbourne that driving around my clutch was stiffer than normal. Scared the &^%# out of me, thought my clutch was going.