Hardcore Weather
Central Florida - Printable Version

+- Hardcore Weather (http://hardcoreweather.com)
+-- Forum: Weather (/forum-4.html)
+--- Forum: Local Weather (/forum-13.html)
+--- Thread: Central Florida (/thread-974.html)

Central Florida - ocala - 05-21-2009 04:15 PM

There is no flooding around here. The sandy soil just sucks it all up.
I did hear that over in Daytona that some roads are closed due to standing water but that's about it.
There are some storm pics on the previous page.

Central Florida - ChessieStorm - 05-21-2009 09:36 PM

nightrider Wrote:You guys in central Fl need to post some pictures of the flood waters and storms, PLEASE

Where we are (me and Ocala), we aren't having any flooding. The flooding has been on the east coast of Florida around Daytona Beach and area where anywhere from 17-20 inches of rain fell. So there is probably flooding.

Around here the typical late day storms can produce street flooding, but that hasn't happened much with this rain event. It's been a good soaking rain and very much needed, but we have a long ways to go to recover from the extreme drought conditions.

Central Florida - ocala - 05-22-2009 11:38 AM

This from the NWS Jacksonville.

NWUS52 KJAX 221640
LSRJAX

PRELIMINARY LOCAL STORM REPORT
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE JACKSONVILLE FL
1240 PM EDT FRI MAY 22 2009

..TIME... ...EVENT... ...CITY LOCATION... ...LAT.LON...
..DATE... ....MAG.... ..COUNTY LOCATION..ST.. ...SOURCE....
..REMARKS..

1238 PM HEAVY RAIN BUNNELL 29.47N 81.26W
05/22/2009 M28.00 INCH FLAGLER FL EMERGENCY MNGR

THE EMERGENCY MANAGEMENT REPORTED A STORM RAINFALL TOTAL
OF 28 INCHES IN DOWNTOWN BUNNELL SINCE MAY 17TH.

28 inches and this wasn't even a tropical system.

Central Florida - virgo10 - 05-22-2009 02:00 PM

No flooding here either. I've seen some ponding on the streets after some of the heavier bands went through but that's about all.

On a lighter note, I actually got some of the grass cut this morning before the next batch of showers moved in.

Central Florida - ocala - 05-22-2009 04:08 PM

Just saw the news tonight and they is some pretty good flooding in Daytona.
This from the speedway.
http://benchracing.onpitrow.com/nascar/daytona-flood-pics-nascar-has-40-days-and-40-nights-to-dry-out.html

Central Florida - virgo10 - 05-23-2009 02:41 PM

Current conditions just east of Lakeland.

[Image: stormc5-23-09600x450.jpg]

[Image: storma5-23-09600x450.jpg]

[Image: storme5-23-09600x450.jpg]

We just on the very edge of that. I'm happy to say we haven't even gotten a drop of rain! :biggrin:

Central Florida - liftofflady - 05-23-2009 07:42 PM

We had thunderstorms that rolled off the ocean this morning, most of the day the storms have moved north offshore. Looks like at the moment New Smyrna Beach and Flagler county are getting hit hard. Much more rain than they need right now...we could use some more here, we have had less than 10" through this whole ordeal.

Central Florida - liftofflady - 05-23-2009 07:48 PM

I have 4 pics in my profile storms album from yesterday of feeder bands that I thought for sure would drop a waterspaout. I saw rotation in several areas but it just didn't happen. Please feel free to check them out.

Central Florida - ocala - 05-24-2009 07:05 AM

liftofflady nice to have another central Florida resident chime in.
Welcome.
About those pics, just post them on here.
Well my week ended with a real good thunderstorm last night. Lots of wind and lightning. It pushed my total for the week to 12.27. That just amazes me that total is possible in May. 19.13 for the year so far with the rainy season just beginning. Getting a good start at knocking down those long term drought numbers.

Central Florida - liftofflady - 05-24-2009 09:02 AM

We haven't had any rain since yesterday morning. As for the pics, I was asked to wait a couple of days because of switching servers. After I get the go ahead I will post them.