Hardcore Weather
Central Florida - Printable Version

+- Hardcore Weather (http://hardcoreweather.com)
+-- Forum: Weather (/forum-4.html)
+--- Forum: Local Weather (/forum-13.html)
+--- Thread: Central Florida (/thread-974.html)

Central Florida - ChessieStorm - 05-18-2009 10:16 PM

Ocala, we have heavy rain between 7-8 a.m. here and it dumped over an inch of rain. We've had almost 4.5 inches since last Tuesday (5/12).

The frontal boundary you are talking about is probably going to come back north as a weak warm front as this ULL continues to form in the southwest Gulf and this will jack the dewpoints to the 70's probably and that, coupled with the ULL and eventual surface reflection crossing the state, will lead to a bunch of rain for someone in the state. We'll see.

Central Florida - ocala - 05-19-2009 10:38 AM

Since Sunday night I'm at 4.07. Some heavier bands should be arriving shortly./clap1
If you look at this composite of Florida it shows a giant circular motion. Interestingly enough the low, according to the NWS is located right where you think it would be. Okeechobee.
http://www.rap.ucar.edu/weather/radar/displayRad.php?icao=KAMX&prod=n0r&bkgr=black&endDate=20090519&endTime=-1&duration=4

Central Florida - Alex - 05-19-2009 11:32 AM

Beautiful cloud shots, very summer like in nature. We had a few visible thunderheads on Saturday, but Sunday was more overcast in nature.

The front that blew through over the weekend gave us next to no rain while giving James and others heavier storms. Since then its been early springlike weather with cool temperatures (lows in the 50s this morning for instance).

But the forecast shows rainfall and wind increasing tomorrow and lasting throughout the entire 7-day forecast. Likely it is all from the storm system that all of you are experiencing right now.

I don't know which is better, weather cool enough to not have the a/c running, or heavy rainfall? Its a toss up!

Central Florida - virgo10 - 05-19-2009 04:28 PM

According to the local weather guy, Tampa is one of the coldest places in the country right now. :omgwtf:

My husband had day surgery this morning and we got caught in a downpour in Winter Haven around 7:15 this morning. It was really bad and I almost pulled off the road to stop and wait it out. We were almost there though so I kept going and in the space of about a quarter mile it went from being nearly unable to see to no rain at all. Typical Florida rain event. /laugh4

Central Florida - ChessieStorm - 05-19-2009 10:03 PM

[quote=virgo10]According to the local weather guy, Tampa is one of the coldest places in the country right now. :omgwtf:

Well, here at Spring Hill it only got to 69° today and that was after the rain stopped during the afternoon otherwise it was between 62-65 all day. Felt more like February than mid May.

Central Florida - ChessieStorm - 05-19-2009 10:05 PM

Can now say we've had 6.10" of rain since in the past week (May 12-19). We had 3.28" from the current system and more moving in from the east at midnight.

Now that my lawn is green again it also needs mowed again.

Central Florida - ocala - 05-20-2009 10:39 AM

7.08 inches since Sunday night. In a lull right now but some thunderstorms look to be building to my east.
I know what you mean about the grass. Guess I know what I'll be doing this weekend.

Central Florida - ChessieStorm - 05-20-2009 09:17 PM

Now up to 7.50" for month (rain started 5/12) and 4.68" since Monday morning.

8 of last 9 days have seen rain and more is forecasted with very high chances through Sunday. We'll see.

I'm ready for a little more warmth, but at least I don't have to run the AC with temps in the low 70's.

Central Florida - ocala - 05-21-2009 01:42 PM

I guess its safe to say this particular rain event is over. Don't see anymore heading my way but I thought that last night also and got another 2 inches after I went to bed.
Total since Sunday night, 10.28.
Pretty impressive for May.

Central Florida - nightrider - 05-21-2009 02:56 PM

You guys in central Fl need to post some pictures of the flood waters and storms, PLEASE