Hardcore Weather
Central Florida - Printable Version

+- Hardcore Weather (http://hardcoreweather.com)
+-- Forum: Weather (/forum-4.html)
+--- Forum: Local Weather (/forum-13.html)
+--- Thread: Central Florida (/thread-974.html)

Central Florida - ChessieStorm - 01-23-2009 07:42 AM

It was 26° here, but it down to around 18° in Brooksville and other out-lyin areas.

Central Florida - ocala - 01-23-2009 02:12 PM

Know what you mean Chessie. There is a cold air drainage just to the west of me. It's amazing how such a short distance can yield such low temps.
In the town of Holder which is just north of Inverness there was a reading of 16.5 on Thursday morning. I would have to say it's pretty accurate because I have followed that station for a few years.

Central Florida - ChessieStorm - 01-24-2009 09:14 AM

ocala Wrote:Know what you mean Chessie. There is a cold air drainage just to the west of me. It's amazing how such a short distance can yield such low temps.
In the town of Holder which is just north of Inverness there was a reading of 16.5 on Thursday morning. I would have to say it's pretty accurate because I have followed that station for a few years.

I'm 9-10 miles from the Gulf water so that usually helps keep our temps from getting too cold provided we have wind that blows off that water during the night. But Wednesday night there was no wind thus a pretty good drop in temps for everyone.

Brooksville is farther inland and won't be affect by any wind off the gulf.

I would say that 16 degrees is also accurate given some readings in Citrus County in the Blackberry fields they were showing on TV down here that morning.

Central Florida - ocala - 01-24-2009 10:34 AM

It reached freezing here again this morning. Was only supposed to get to the upper 30's.
NWS Jax wasn't too close these past 4 days with there spot forecast. It was at least 2 degrees cooler then forecasted.
Then again it is pretty hard to forecast low temps down here. The air gets modified too much.

Central Florida - virgo10 - 02-02-2009 06:03 PM

This is the forecast for Tampa. Our area, about 40 miles to the east, usually runs 4 to 6 degrees colder. If that holds, we could be colder on Thursday morning than we were a few weeks ago when it hit 24.

[Image: week.jpg]

My plants are not going to be happy. :saad:

Central Florida - ocala - 02-03-2009 03:22 PM

They are forecasting 22 for Thursday morning. Based on recent forecasts that should be about 20.
Brrrr!!!

Central Florida - ChessieStorm - 02-03-2009 06:21 PM

Calling for similar temps here in Spring Hill, but Brooksville might go down into the teens.

2nd time in 3 weeks this could happen, I feel for farmers ready to harvest crops.

Central Florida - Alex - 02-04-2009 12:06 AM

Our lows are forecast to dip toward 20 tomorrow night with a daytime high of a whopping 48!

Central Florida - ChessieStorm - 02-04-2009 08:52 AM

Bundle up. Calling for upper teens here tonight, with eastern parts of the county in the mid teens.

Even Tampa is calling for 28°, which if occurs means low 20's for me or colder since we are usually 6-8 degrees colder than Tampa.

The record low here is 22° on the 5th. I was down here visiting Florida when that occurred, but where I came from it was -20° and we saw snowfall near the Florida/Georgia line that night traveling down.

Central Florida - ocala - 02-04-2009 04:46 PM

Forecasting 18 in Ocala tonight.
That's just wrong.