Hardcore Weather
Central Florida - Printable Version

+- Hardcore Weather (http://hardcoreweather.com)
+-- Forum: Weather (/forum-4.html)
+--- Forum: Local Weather (/forum-13.html)
+--- Thread: Central Florida (/thread-974.html)

Central Florida - The Bug - 10-06-2008 09:19 PM

I was at the PTO meeting this afternoon and it POURED....and the non the way to dance it was raining again. Not sure what our totals were for the day...but we got a good soaking. Got a good soaking yesterday too. Much needed!

Central Florida - ChessieStorm - 10-06-2008 10:11 PM

I'm going to whine some more. Had storms form around, but no heavy rain at all. Some rain, but no near enough.

But chances are running around 50% the next two days, so maybe they'll be some rain and significant amounts to boot.

Central Florida - Alex - 10-07-2008 09:02 AM

ChessieStorm Wrote:I'm going to whine some more. Had storms form around, but no heavy rain at all. Some rain, but no near enough.

But chances are running around 50% the next two days, so maybe they'll be some rain and significant amounts to boot.

The car was slightly coated with rainfall when I headed to the airport last night.
==
Today
Partly cloudy through late morning then becoming mostly cloudy. Scattered showers and isolated thunderstorms. Highs in the lower 80s. East winds 15 mph. Chance of rain 50 percent.

Tonight
Partly cloudy with isolated showers. Lows in the lower 70s. East winds 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 20 percent.

Wednesday
Mostly cloudy with a chance of showers and thunderstorms. Highs in the mid 80s. Southeast winds 10 to 15 mph. Chance of rain 50 percent.

Wednesday Night
Mostly cloudy with a chance of showers and a slight chance of thunderstorms. Lows in the lower 70s. Southeast winds 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 30 percent.

Thursday
Considerable cloudiness with scattered showers and thunderstorms. Highs in the upper 80s. South winds 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 50 percent.
==

The last 5 times we've had a 50% chance or more, we've netted little more than a trace...

Central Florida - ocala - 10-07-2008 10:43 AM

Same thing up here guys. Everything went right past me to the west coast.
I could here the thunder and see the dark clouds but only managed .05.
Looks like are best shot is today, 50% and tomorrow 70%.

Central Florida - Alex - 10-07-2008 08:11 PM

Broken record...Lots of dark clouds around, but only a few sprinkles netted. Earlier there was a batch of rain streaming west from the Atlantic, but its northern edge was just south of here...

Central Florida - virgo10 - 10-08-2008 06:51 AM

aaroads Wrote:Broken record...Lots of dark clouds around, but only a few sprinkles netted. Earlier there was a batch of rain streaming west from the Atlantic, but its northern edge was just south of here...

Well those storms basically trained over us for several hours. If it happens again today, I'll go out and see if I can give them a push northeast to help y'all out. /laugh4

Central Florida - virgo10 - 10-08-2008 05:20 PM

We've had the biggest wettest looking clouds outside all day but no rain. While not apparent in a photo, these clouds have a 3D effect to them that never fails to blow me away. /thumbup

[Image: cloudsb10-8-08457x600.jpg]

[Image: cloudsa10-8-08600x450.jpg]

Central Florida - Alex - 10-08-2008 07:10 PM

We had the same types of clouds here too virgo10, but no rain.

Lots of lightning and thunder outside, please let this line hold together as it moves east!

Central Florida - Alex - 10-08-2008 08:31 PM

/jumpforjo
Thunderstorm in progress (and a good one at that, high quality for the month of October!!)/headbang

Central Florida - ocala - 10-09-2008 12:27 PM

Finally had a good storm roll through yesterday. Almost whiteout conditions with the wind but just a little short. .84 in the rain gauge.
Almost didn't get anything. The whole line was going just north of me then at the last minute it blew up to the south.
As of this writing there are severe storms to my north associated with a squall line headed this way. The part of the line headed my way doesn't look too impressive but it has a couple hours to get it's act together.