Hardcore Weather
Central Florida - Printable Version

+- Hardcore Weather (http://hardcoreweather.com)
+-- Forum: Weather (/forum-4.html)
+--- Forum: Local Weather (/forum-13.html)
+--- Thread: Central Florida (/thread-974.html)

Central Florida - ocala - 08-13-2008 02:30 PM

It's so windy today it seems like a tropical system is approaching. Keep looking outside to see if those clouds are racing by.
Really need some though. Only 1 inch so far this month.

Central Florida - Alex - 08-13-2008 07:31 PM

ocala Wrote:It's so windy today it seems like a tropical system is approaching. Keep looking outside to see if those clouds are racing by.
Really need some though. Only 1 inch so far this month.

Was very windy all day in DeLand too, and cloudy/murky too. There were a few sprinkles there tonight, and it rained near Ocoee on the way home (just before we drove through), but nothing else.

Last night the only shower in the whole area was dumping on DeLand. But as soon as we crossed into Lake, it stopped.

Central Florida - The Bug - 08-13-2008 08:31 PM

Very windy here today too...and hazy. I thought there might be a fire somewhere...but heard nothing about it on the news...so who knows.

No rain today. It was cloudy...but nothing amounted to preciptation.

We got a few showers yesterday afternoon but that is it.

Central Florida - ocala - 08-14-2008 05:15 PM

Looks like a beautiful next 5-7 days according to the Jax discussion.

SUNDAY...MODELS ARE IN CONCERT WRT DEEPENING LOW PRESSURE/
CYCLOGENESIS OVER THE NORTHEASTERN GULF OF MEXICO. INCREASING
SOUTHERLY WINDS AHEAD OF THIS FEATURE WILL LIKELY BRING AN INFLUX
OF MOISTURE AND INSTABILITY... AND HAVE INCLUDED CHANCE FOR MUCH
OF THE AREA. THIS LOW PRESSURE AREA (IF REALIZED) WILL NEED TO BE
MONITORED CLOSELY.

.LONG TERM...FORECAST BECOMES PROBLEMATIC AS AREA MAY BE IMPACTED
BY AFOREMENTIONED LOW IN THE NORTHEAST GULF OF MEXICO OR POSSIBLY BY
DEVELOPING AREA OF LOW PRESSURE CURRENTLY MOVING INTO THE
CARIBBEAN. ALTHOUGH CHANCE POPS ARE IN PLACE EACH DAY DUE TO
DIURNAL CONVECTION...WHOLESALE CHANGES MAY BE NEEDED.

Central Florida - Alex - 08-17-2008 10:20 AM

5 days or murky weather so far. Weird to think that we've only seen the sun sparingly, yet have had very little rainfall.

Central Florida - Alex - 08-18-2008 09:36 PM

A band that broke away from the outermost feed band of Fay moved over DeLand this afternoon. It was purple to the south with lightning/thunder, but the rain was only heavy briefly before tapering down to light showers. When we headed home at almost 6, the rain slackened to nothing by Sorrento and the roads were already dried out. Anyone else report anything worthwhile today?

Central Florida - ocala - 08-23-2008 10:44 AM

Lowest pressure- 999.2 MB
Highest wind gust- 35MPH. I'm pretty sure that they were higher Thursday afternoon and evening but my anemometer is blocked by a large oak tree to the NW.
Rain totals- Starting Tuesday afternoon through this morning it's 8.18. I'm sure that total will rise with today's convection as the radar is pretty active already with everything moving due north.
Will update rain totals when Fay's affect is gone.
Lost power for about 8 hours yesterday so I finally got use that generator I bought 3 years ago.
Final total on the rain is 9.32

Central Florida - Alex - 08-24-2008 12:17 PM

We had a nice line of thunderstorms come through yesterday. Lots of rain, some wind, and a handful of lightning flashes. Probably a half inch of rain fell.

Flooding from Lake Lotta inundated parts of State Road 50 (Colonial Drive) during Fay and the outside lanes were still closed last night!

Central Florida - Alex - 08-24-2008 10:42 PM

A few rumbles of thunder today and lightning strikes to the west, but no rain for the first time in awhile...

Central Florida - virgo10 - 08-31-2008 10:36 AM

Any other central Floridians notice how the wind's picked up in the last few hours. We've had some pretty good gusts.