Hardcore Weather
Central Florida - Printable Version

+- Hardcore Weather (http://hardcoreweather.com)
+-- Forum: Weather (/forum-4.html)
+--- Forum: Local Weather (/forum-13.html)
+--- Thread: Central Florida (/thread-974.html)

Central Florida - Alex - 08-05-2008 09:35 PM

One really nice thunderstorm over the Windermere and Clermont areas as we drove south from work. Saw a few nice lightning strikes, but the storm dissipated as we got home (the ground was at least plenty wet).

Central Florida - ChessieStorm - 08-05-2008 10:11 PM

The storms just did not form today like the NWS said they would. But the ones that did form did produce a lot of lightning around us.

We had at least two big storms head this way and fizzle out before reaching here, go figure.

Central Florida - Alex - 08-06-2008 09:32 PM

Nudda today, looked like a thunderhead was trying to form over northern Lake, but it never gained a bottom. There was one interesting cloud over Orlando however. It was one small puff with streaks to the bottom, hardly wide at all. Yet for a minute or two, a rainbow formed! It had to be the smallest rain shower I've ever seen!

Central Florida - ChessieStorm - 08-06-2008 10:02 PM

The NWS had only a 20% chance of storms and that 20% occurred. Storms fired up in Citrus county and then around about an hour later. Some rain, nothing to write home about. It didn't get cooler after the rain, just more humid...typical Florida.

Central Florida - Alex - 08-08-2008 03:53 PM

Had a brief thunderstorm with a lot of wind around noon today. I went out front after about 5 minutes of rain and watched a bunch of lightning strikes off to the east. Been sunny, hot, and extra humid since...

Central Florida - The Bug - 08-08-2008 04:56 PM

we had a good down pour around 1ish this afternoon...so far since - nothing.

Central Florida - Alex - 08-08-2008 10:58 PM

We had a second thunderstorm move in around 7 pm. Another brief round of rain with some initial wind, and one lightning strike that was not too far off.

Central Florida - The Bug - 08-09-2008 08:00 AM

Raining here already....so much for the park today.

Central Florida - Alex - 08-09-2008 03:55 PM

Had some rain while I was in the movies early this afternoon. Looked at the radar and it was one of a few isolated showers that moved in from the northwest. At around 4 pm, they all dissipated from radar...

Central Florida - The Bug - 08-09-2008 09:54 PM

ditto here too. I heard the rumbling but nothing happened this afternoon - all morning showers.