Hardcore Weather
Central Florida - Printable Version

+- Hardcore Weather (http://hardcoreweather.com)
+-- Forum: Weather (/forum-4.html)
+--- Forum: Local Weather (/forum-13.html)
+--- Thread: Central Florida (/thread-974.html)

Central Florida - ocala - 07-25-2008 12:46 PM

That stinks bug. Being that it's made it to the ceiling your probably going to have a hefty repair bill.
Hope your deductible isn't too high.
As for your rain, you need to get a gauge and keep a running total.
I'm sitting at 26 so I imagine your around 40.

Central Florida - The Bug - 07-25-2008 10:16 PM

We did get a break today...no rain. Although I saw lightning off in the distance.

They came and looked today - no apparent damage with shingles or anything so they are coming back on Monday to do further investigating. They think it may have come in through the sofits? I don't know what that is - but whatever. I just wanted to make sure it was covered in case it did rain till they were able to get back out on Monday. I guess Friday isn't enough time for them to do an emergency call....

The weird thing is...I was at my mom's house and the water has actually come down since last Sunday...so I'm assuming they opened the flood gates to release some water to the other lakes...but the canal is still high but a fast current into the lake ... It would be fun if it were rapids!

Central Florida - Alex - 07-26-2008 01:26 PM

Sorry to hear about the water damage Bug, hopefully the rain will shift elsewhere til you can get that addressed. As for here this week, there was a huge amount of rain in DeLand on Wednesday, and that rain was associated with a squall line that moved south over Orlando. I'm not sure how much fell here at the house, but it was a good 3 plus hours in DeLand. Otherwise we had a light shower last night with a few distant rumbles but no rain outside of that since Wed.

Waiting to see if anything will pop overhead today; yesterday there were storms all over, but all dissipated before drifting overhead.

Central Florida - The Bug - 07-26-2008 06:06 PM

I was in Polk this afternoon and drove through rain up until about Sebring...and then it has been clear skies....

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for another dry day!

Central Florida - The Bug - 07-26-2008 07:31 PM

HOLY HELL

The flood gates above just released over us....

her room is almost completely coming in....The rain is so hard that it almost feels like the house is moving...ugh...

Monday can't come quick enough!!!

Central Florida - ocala - 07-29-2008 03:41 PM

I hope they got it fixed Bug. Doesn't sound like a good time.

As for up here in Ocala, I don't have too much confidence in listening to the NWS. Since Saturday all they have been talking about is heavy rain. Not here. I've received .51 since Saturday, including today's .02.
In fact looking at the precipitation analysis form the past week only the area that has got heavy rain is down around Bug.
Here's an excerpt from the Jville discussion regarding rain chances through Friday.
THE MAIN CONVECTIVE CONCERNS WILL CONTINUE TO BE HEAVY RAINFALL AND
WET DOWNBURSTS. DAILY RAINFALL AMOUNTS OF 3-5 INCHES WILL BE
POSSIBLE IN SOME LOCATIONS WITH WIDESPREAD AMOUNTS AROUND 1-2
INCHES.
Sorry, I'm not buying it. Since Saturday they form on the WCSB and come across at a good clip. Even if one of the heavier cells did hit me they would be moving too fast to dump any sort of heavy accumulation. Jville has the Ocala area pegged at a 90% chance tonight and tomorrow. Watch the radar this evening and tomorrow. Doubt you'll see anything different. I hate when they get my hopes up, but I should have known from past experience that they probably would be wrong.

Central Florida - Alex - 07-29-2008 08:14 PM

Been hit and miss with rain storms in both DeLand and Orlando too. Just a little bit of rain both days in DeLand, and I think Orlando got next to nothing today. There was a batch of storms on Sunday night with a few nice pops of thunder. I'm off to Pensacola tomorrow, and will be having lunch with a family friend in Ocala at 1! I expect to be in and out of storms on the way...

Central Florida - ChessieStorm - 07-29-2008 09:30 PM

We've had rain here in Spring Hill for 7 days in a row now and more forecasted to be on the way.

Southwest flow means showers and storms in the the morning to early afternoon on the west coast of the state, but the air mass is so moist, PW is above 2 inches, rain can form at any time of day or night.

Central Florida - The Bug - 07-29-2008 10:01 PM

We are on HOLD for a roofer...apparently with all the rain we've had everyone in our area is finding new problems...they told me they would be out as soon as they can. Jim is now home though so he is going to take a look tomorrow and see what he can do till they can come out.

Luckily - we had a rain yesterday that didn't last long and nothing today. It rained in town while I was at the store but didn't rain at the house. whew.

Central Florida - ocala - 07-30-2008 10:40 AM

Bug have you contacted the roofer that did the job after the hurricanes?
Something sounds fishy here. Being 4 years old there's no way it should be leaking. I have done my share of roofs including my own and when it's done right it should never leak. Heavy rain or light rain, it doesn't matter. I would check to see if there's a warranty involved with that work.
After the hurricanes there were a lot of shady characters posing as contractors who were trying to cash in. Not saying that's the case with you and you probably had someone reputable but I hope they just made a mistake and it won't involve anymore then what's currently wrong.