Hardcore Weather
Central Florida - Printable Version

+- Hardcore Weather (http://hardcoreweather.com)
+-- Forum: Weather (/forum-4.html)
+--- Forum: Local Weather (/forum-13.html)
+--- Thread: Central Florida (/thread-974.html)

Central Florida - ocala - 06-22-2008 06:27 AM

I guess that rain shield around my house slipped south to yours. We had good rain both Friday and yesterday. Haven't had rain two days in a row in a long time.
Looks like today should be really active. With no debris clouds from yesterday we should have full sun this morning with should get things going early.

Central Florida - Alex - 06-22-2008 06:35 PM

/headscratBypasssed again today, we just garnered two bouts of light rain/sprinkles...

Central Florida - The Bug - 06-22-2008 07:37 PM

It rained earlier today and then we got totally hammered. I was at my mom's house but across the lake where I lived we watched the lightning and the storm rolling over - it finally made it's way to my mom's house but I know to the South where I live we got a ton of rain according to JIm.

Central Florida - ChessieStorm - 06-22-2008 09:18 PM

We've been getting rain here in Spring Hill, but only 1.10" the last two days. Down by Holiday and Tarpon Springs area have been hammered with well over 4 inches since Saturday. Major street flooding early Sunday afternoon after a storm hit at 10:30 a.m.

Central Florida - The Bug - 06-23-2008 01:27 PM

I knew we got hammered yesterday - but we got close to 5 inches of rain here!! GASP!

Central Florida - ocala - 06-23-2008 05:31 PM

Five inches!!
Wow. I have never got that much from one storm.
I think I had close to 3 once but that's it.
Congratulations.

Central Florida - The Bug - 06-23-2008 05:40 PM

Yeah, like I said, my mom's house only got about one inch but we live across the lake and it was flooded. Amazing how it just depends on your exact location as to the measurement of rain!

Central Florida - Alex - 06-23-2008 07:16 PM

The Bug Wrote:Yeah, like I said, my mom's house only got about one inch but we live across the lake and it was flooded. Amazing how it just depends on your exact location as to the measurement of rain!

I'm glad somewhere got some, nice netting of precip down your way!

Today there was enough rain at lunch in DeLand to preclude us for eating outside. After that, I think it was pretty much overwith. Saw a nice thunderhead to the east after work, otherwise it was clear.

Btw, Orlando set a record low last night of 68!! It was 69 when I woke up and I should have noticed that the first digit was a 6 instead of a 7!

Central Florida - The Bug - 06-24-2008 07:07 AM

wow! I know coming home after that storm it was about 8 pm and it was 72 - which had been like a 15 degree drop before going to my moms for dinner.

Yeah, our grass looks awesome...so I'm not complaining. But we need it. Lake June isn' down but every other lake in our county is.

Central Florida - Alex - 06-26-2008 08:01 PM

Heavy thunderstorms with pea to marble sized hail in DeLand this afternoon. Wind driven heavy rain too, the first high-quality storm I've seen this year. Too bad I was stuck at work during it.

Otherwise steady rains all the way back to Orlando; just ended around 8:30.