Hardcore Weather
Central Florida - Printable Version

+- Hardcore Weather (http://hardcoreweather.com)
+-- Forum: Weather (/forum-4.html)
+--- Forum: Local Weather (/forum-13.html)
+--- Thread: Central Florida (/thread-974.html)

Central Florida - Alex - 11-22-2007 11:50 AM

Looks like a decent squall line to my west at the moment as well. Outside of that 5 minute rain shower from the 15th, we've been bone dry for a month now!

I recorded thunderstorms on 11-23-03, Thanksgiving that year in Mobile, so I'd like to replicate the theme this year, hehe!

Central Florida - Alex - 11-22-2007 04:01 PM

Wow, that was a completely letdown, the squall line fell apart badly as it moved eastward. We scored (if you want to call it that) about an hour of light rain, or 0.05 inches of rain at Whitted Airport (the closest station to me).

My g/f and I took Mom to the beach before the line moved in (see attached photo).

The sun is out now and its humid/warm...

Central Florida - ocala - 11-23-2007 12:15 PM

A flop up here too. Recorded .27 of rain which helped turned the grass to a brownish green.
Still another chance this weekend.

Central Florida - Alex - 11-23-2007 02:47 PM

We followed up the evening with clear skies and a bright moon before a brief 5-minute shower developed overhead. Total daily rainfall, 0.6"

Central Florida - ocala - 11-26-2007 07:11 PM

Things looking good out in the Gulf again but it will probably break up as it gets closer.Sad

Central Florida - Alex - 11-26-2007 07:51 PM

ocala Wrote:Things looking good out in the Gulf again but it will probably break up as it gets closer.Sad

Already starting to disintergrate in the last radar frames. :o(

I hit a few sprinkles at North Port and again over the Skyway Bridge last night. Bone dry everywhere else and all day today, including my ride up to Webster and back...

Heard on WFLA about water restrictions being tightened too...

Central Florida - Alex - 11-28-2007 07:28 PM

Just received a ten-minute deluge of moderate rainfall! more more more!

Central Florida - ChessieStorm - 11-29-2007 08:51 AM

Saw where some places south of me got a brief shower after 10 p.m. on Wednesday evening Nov. 28th. It clouded up here, but nothing.

They've been saying for days lows are to drop into the 50's, but we've been in the mid to upper 60's most of the week at night. It's warm enough to run the AC in the evening.

Central Florida - Alex - 12-05-2007 11:40 PM

The eighth dryest November on record in Tampa with just 0.14 inches of rain. Can I say boooooooooorrrrrrrrrriiiiiiiiinnnnnnnggggggg!! Nothing in five days this month, just a ragged line of rain that disintergrated once it moved into Pasco from the north with the recent frontal passage... /bored

Central Florida - Alex - 12-13-2007 04:31 PM

Extremely warm today! The temperature at Whitted Airport states 81 degrees, but it feels more like 84 to me here. I started off today in Orlando, where it was also in the 80s. The record high here is 84...