Hardcore Weather
Central Florida - Printable Version

+- Hardcore Weather (http://hardcoreweather.com)
+-- Forum: Weather (/forum-4.html)
+--- Forum: Local Weather (/forum-13.html)
+--- Thread: Central Florida (/thread-974.html)

Central Florida - NDG - 11-08-2006 07:40 PM

[url="http://www.local6.com/weather/10274197/detail.html"]Tornado's 110 MPH Winds Hit Homes Election Night
[/url]The severe part of that storm hit 5 miles to the south and east of me, I mostly got heavy rains out of it, much needed rain to say the least, we are finally getting some effects of the weak to moderate El Nino, with more to come, should be a lot more interesting winter than last year across much of the south.

Central Florida - Alex - 01-04-2007 10:57 PM

I read the NWS 2006 year in review and noted that Tampa only had 62 thunderstorm days last year, compared to 84 in Sarasota and 82 in Fort Myers. I knew that it seemed like a subpar year.

Central Florida - bobbo4554 - 01-05-2007 06:18 PM

Im looking at the radar and it looks like we will get some good rain ad t-storms tonight and tomorrow. That will be fun to go to work in.

Central Florida - Alex - 01-06-2007 08:44 PM

At around 3 am, we had a nice 20-minute downpour of moderate rain. I'll take what I can get this time of year, especially at night.

Central Florida - The Bug - 01-07-2007 02:14 PM

*yawn*

Where is Winter?

Central Florida - NDG - 01-09-2007 10:52 PM

It sure has been much milder here in central FL than last year, in average, at least we have not seen those big up and downs of 30s in the morning and close to 80 the day after like last year. It sure has been a lot more humid, and of course stormier, but I'll take this milder and stormier winter over the boring winter & spring FL had last year.

Central Florida - Alex - 01-11-2007 07:08 PM

Last Winter was overall very warm to my recollection and asides the 12" of rain that one fateful February weekend, it was bone dry.

This Winter is fairly warm so far, but has had a few more showers and the like. I'm not holding out for much of a change, but as long as it remains warm, you won't hear me complain about that aspect of it.

Central Florida - ocala - 01-15-2007 05:55 PM

Not me, I like the cool weather. I sweat buckets in the summer so its nice to have the cool days to work in. Just wish the rain would fall with some regularity.
The lakes and ponds up here are getting very low.

Central Florida - Alex - 01-16-2007 09:50 PM

Just across the state line in Mobile, AL:
Tonight
Cloudy with a chance of light rain...possibly mixed with light sleet. Lows in the mid 30s. North winds 10 to 20 mph becoming 5 to 10 mph after midnight. Chance of rain 30 percent.

Meanwhile down here in west-central Florida:
Now
At 9 PM, a weak shallow cold front was moving slowly south and southeast from near Saint Augustine to near Brooksville then southwest into the central Gulf of Mexico. Skies will remain mostly cloudy with periods of light rain or drizzle...winds increasing to around 10 to 15 mph, with cooling temperatures.

Central Florida - NDG - 02-02-2007 07:14 AM

Jet another Tornado outbreak across central FL this morning, it caught many people by surprise because many went to bed hearing that the risk for severe weather was very low as indicated by the NWS out of Melbourne earlier in the evening, thinking that conditions for sev wx was going to lessen as the squall line was going to move through the area, the NWS did extended the tornado watch untill 6 AM for the Orlando & Lake County areas, but it was after midnight, when most people were already sleeping.