Hardcore Weather
Central Florida - Printable Version

+- Hardcore Weather (http://hardcoreweather.com)
+-- Forum: Weather (/forum-4.html)
+--- Forum: Local Weather (/forum-13.html)
+--- Thread: Central Florida (/thread-974.html)

Central Florida - ocala - 10-06-2006 02:48 PM

Just curious how the rest of you Floridians are doing on rainfall? Its been rediculously dry here. For the year, at my house, I'm at 23.43 which is just under 22 inches down for the year. I think I have cut my grass a total of 6 times this year. That's freakin nuts.
Hopefully if the El Nino works out we'll get more rain this winter. If not I see a terrible fire season developing.

Central Florida - TallahasseeLassie - 10-06-2006 02:51 PM

i can not tel you the last time it rained at my house.
AGES!

Central Florida - NDG - 10-06-2006 06:22 PM

Well, most likely we will see a very rainy fall & winter here in FL, just be patient, especially central and northern FL, the GFS is already hinting for a wet pattern to start developing over the next couple of weeks. I can't wait, since last winter was so buring around here. With the warm GOM untouched by a strong hurricane this year, it will be interesting around here, we could see severe weather during the winter from central FL on south.

Central Florida - The Bug - 10-07-2006 07:18 AM

We've gotten our fair share of rain recently. But we had that normal summer where the two sea breezes bring the showers to the center of the state...normally what we see in June/July. Regardless of how weird it was, I'll take it. Everything is nice and green and the temps have FINALLY started to go down.

Central Florida - NDG - 10-08-2006 02:00 AM

To many's surprise, Orlando had a heck of an evening thunderstorm complex come through between 8 PM through 10 PM. With many locations reporting hail, including my location here in Apopka, I had about 5-10 min of pea to marble size hail. We needed the rain bad, it had been a good 7-10 days without any good measurable rainfall. I hope this is a sign of what's to come this winter season, after the boring winter we had last year.

Central Florida - ocala - 10-18-2006 06:40 PM

Gee, had .01 of rain today. Instead of the grass being gold and brown its now a shiny gold and brown.

Central Florida - ocala - 10-22-2006 01:58 PM

Currently 91, forcasted to be 38 tomorrow night. Crazy weather.
NDG, anything on the horizon showing any large scale rain events coming this way?

Central Florida - NDG - 10-30-2006 08:42 PM

ocala Wrote:Currently 91, forcasted to be 38 tomorrow night. Crazy weather.
NDG, anything on the horizon showing any large scale rain events coming this way?

Any luck getting some rain this past Friday night? I had about a half inch. No significant rain system in the horizon, still no really effect here in FL of the current weak El Nino. It would be nice to get some of the moisture now in the NW Caribbean, but another trough coming down this weekend across the eastern US will keep it down there, we might see some spotty weak showers this weekend if a strong enough on shore surface wind develops, but if they stay more northerly than easterly, forget about it.

Central Florida - ocala - 11-06-2006 04:24 PM

Actually got 1.12 from that storm. Very welcome rain indeed.
Late tonight and through Wednesday morning they are forecasting a significant rain event for the area. Looks like the biggest threat will be hail but as long as its accompanied by some heavy rain rain I'll be happy.
Looks like it might be Tuesday night Wednesday morning for your area.

Central Florida - ocala - 11-08-2006 06:06 PM

Anyone down there in the Orlando area get some of that storm that came through last night? Apparently A F1 tornado did some damage down there.