Hardcore Weather
Central Florida - Printable Version

+- Hardcore Weather (http://hardcoreweather.com)
+-- Forum: Weather (/forum-4.html)
+--- Forum: Local Weather (/forum-13.html)
+--- Thread: Central Florida (/thread-974.html)

Central Florida - The Bug - 07-05-2006 08:38 AM

FIgures I have two days - no work and no kid and I will be hit with storms!

AGH!!! I cant' win.

Central Florida - The Bug - 07-06-2006 04:25 PM

We are getting some good t-boomers right now!

http://www.flamedia.com/lightning/light.htm

Central Florida - The Bug - 07-12-2006 02:56 PM

why does this crap form OFF shore???

I'd love to have this breeze through WH!

http://radar.weather.gov/ridge/radar.php?rid=TBW&product=NCR&overlay=11101111&loop=yes

Central Florida - The Bug - 07-27-2006 03:43 PM

WOW - getting some awesome storms here in Central Florida today.

Tampa, Sarasota and even here in Polk are getting hammered - there are several Marine and Severe warnings up for the area and a funnel cloud was jsut spotted in Auburndale.

Central Florida - NDG - 09-07-2006 06:04 PM

Wow, I didn't realized how long it was since somebody posted on the central FL thread.
I just wanted to post about the daily afternoon downpours that we have been getting here in central FL ever since Ernesto, last week, our rainy season is in full blast right now, better late than never, with a New Orleans style humidity to go along with it, I actually missed that humidity for a while, I think I had enough though.

Central Florida - The Bug - 09-08-2006 08:23 AM

I know...we've been getting good storms every single day...it was nice ... but growing old! lol

Central Florida - Alex - 09-09-2006 11:56 PM

katiebuglj Wrote:I know...we've been getting good storms every single day...it was nice ... but growing old! lol

Growing old, that's blasphemy after this mediocre rainy season! We had so much rain in the last few days, it's been like heaven, especially after being in Seattle last week. On Monday we had a squall line that was very unlike any other storm we have had this season. Kudos for that, and give me all I can get before October...

Central Florida - jimmyw - 09-10-2006 08:08 AM

ALEX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have had time to respond to your last note....I promise to do that later. I'm actually in Tampa (Lutz) for today...then back in Winter Haven.

Don't worry...I wouldn't cast away the rain just yet....because the thunderstorms in the evenings have been WONDERFUL!!!!!!!!!!!!!

-Katie

Central Florida - The Bug - 09-20-2006 08:16 AM

Rain most of yesterday afternoon....all last night and some more this morning. It started on my way back from the gym...and is now letting up.

Central Florida - NDG - 10-01-2006 10:29 AM

If the El Nino prediction comes through, this upcoming winter here in FL will be much different than last year's, so I expect a much more stormy pattern for central & northern FL, temps could be tricky, depending where the cold fronts will be stalling due to the strong subtropical jet found during an El Nino, which most times stall across central FL, where they stall will make a big difference depending on which side of the fronts will you be in, on one side it could be days of cool rainy weather and the southern side it could be warm and humid with passing showers most times.