Hardcore Weather
Central Florida - Printable Version

+- Hardcore Weather (http://hardcoreweather.com)
+-- Forum: Weather (/forum-4.html)
+--- Forum: Local Weather (/forum-13.html)
+--- Thread: Central Florida (/thread-974.html)

Central Florida - The Bug - 05-31-2006 08:19 PM

odd...I haven't had the first problem with them down here...and I've been driving back and forth to LP every weekend...and normally on HWY 27 they are HORRIBLE....

Smile maybe they will stay in your neck of the woods and leave ME alone!

Central Florida - jbphotography - 05-31-2006 08:28 PM

/champ

YEAH it is raining in my backyard. Maybe it will wash away the hords of lovebugs. They are Bad here in Bradenton You can't go outside and open your mouth.

Central Florida - Alex - 05-31-2006 09:44 PM

katiebuglj Wrote:odd...I haven't had the first problem with them down here...and I've been driving back and forth to LP every weekend...and normally on HWY 27 they are HORRIBLE....

Smile maybe they will stay in your neck of the woods and leave ME alone!

They are definitely north of both of us, and I didn't notice them until well into Pasco. I won't push them to your neck of the woods, I promise. /sneaky2

Central Florida - Alex - 05-31-2006 09:51 PM

[COLOR="DarkOrange"][FONT="Tahoma"]So my roomate and I went down to the pool for a 9 pm swim, and low and behold some thunderstorms were in the area. There was a bunch of lightning to our south, including some vivid cloud to cloud lightning strokes and the cells were in the vicinity of the Sunshine Skyway Bridge, as I was thinking with them being an estimated 30 miles to the south.

This brings about the misknomer of heat lightning, there's no such thing, and heat lightning is just lightning from storms so far that you cannot hear the thunder. These were an example of such. We couldn't hear the thunder because they were 30 miles away, but we could see the lightning. Light travels faster and farther than sound, so there ya have it. /Wow

Well as the moon rose, we noted another cumulu nimbus developing just to our west, and sure enough, lightning appeared from it. The flow is out of the east, so both cells popped right ahead of the end of the daytime heating and moved offshore. So much for any rain for Town N' Compton, but at least we got a nice light show out of it :biggrin: ...
[/FONT][/COLOR]

Central Florida - The Bug - 05-31-2006 09:57 PM

ha ha ha - I BELIEVE YOU ALEX! ha ha

*wink*

yeah...we got some showers around 6ish...that didn't last long but they were there...and I'll take what I can get.

Central Florida - The Bug - 06-01-2006 02:37 PM

Rain, Rain, come along - we've been waiting oh so long

http://radar.weather.gov/ridge/radar.php?rid=TBW&product=NCR&overlay=11101111&loop=yes

Central Florida - Alex - 06-01-2006 02:43 PM

[FONT="Tahoma"]Storms to my south in Sarasota, right north (I hear thunder and saw lightning) in Pinellas Park, and the apartment at Town N' Compton is getting inundated. Meanwhile there is a circle of dryness on the radar right over my head in St. Petersburg, that's the storm shield for you.[/FONT]

Central Florida - ocala - 06-01-2006 03:38 PM

Well I got .22 today. That something. Enough to turn the dirt a darker shade of brown. Forecast through Sunday is for a chance for rain everyday.

Central Florida - Alex - 06-01-2006 03:48 PM

[SIZE="4"][COLOR="DarkOrange"]Finally, we have got thunderstorms!!!

Lots of lightning, tons of rain, so much that it's flooding the street, and very dark outside, I love it!!!![/COLOR]
[/SIZE]

/jumpforjo

Central Florida - The Bug - 06-01-2006 03:52 PM

yeah..TPA and Sarasota or the areas around the West Coast got some good showers today! Smile Summer's back!