Hardcore Weather
Central Florida - Printable Version

+- Hardcore Weather (http://hardcoreweather.com)
+-- Forum: Weather (/forum-4.html)
+--- Forum: Local Weather (/forum-13.html)
+--- Thread: Central Florida (/thread-974.html)

Central Florida - Alex - 05-28-2006 05:42 PM

Check out the outflow boundary leftover from the earlier storms in eastern Hillsborough, very cool. Meanwhile to the north a huge cluster of thunderstorms is drifting southward, please please hold together and move here later tonight!!

Central Florida - The Bug - 05-29-2006 02:41 PM

we got some great storms last night in Highlands County......

looks like those afternoon showers are popping up again! thank GOD!

Central Florida - NDG - 05-29-2006 04:49 PM

aaroads Wrote:I've toughed it out so long this year, I'm raw. Blah. I do know what you mean though, the seabreeze front based thunderstorms obviously aren't going to form over the Gulf and move over western Hillsborough or Pinellas, so it's more waiting. I'm used to that from the seabreeze front based thunderstorms in Escambia, Baldwin, and Mobile. But still, blah.:icon_bore

Actually as our normal surface easterly flow has returned at least through Friday, that means better chance of rain for your area, a sea breeze will still develop, but the easterly flow will keep it closer to your coastal area, something similar to what happened to the south of you in Charlotte & Lee County today.

Central Florida - ocala - 05-29-2006 05:41 PM

Man those were some great storms, or so I heard, yesterday. Just west of Ocala it got real nasty. 12 planes were flipped at the airport along with golf ball size hail. Unfortunatley, as usual, it went right past me. Didn't get a drop of rain. Looks like I'm going to end up with .70 for the month of May. Oh well that beats the .52 for April and the .03 for March. Here's a pic of my yard. Can you tell where the drain field is?
http://www.candlerfloridaweather.justfriendsbassin.com/drought2.jpg

Central Florida - Alex - 05-29-2006 07:32 PM

ocala Wrote:Man those were some great storms, or so I heard, yesterday. Just west of Ocala it got real nasty. 12 planes were flipped at the airport along with golf ball size hail. Unfortunatley, as usual, it went right past me. Didn't get a drop of rain. Looks like I'm going to end up with .70 for the month of May. Oh well that beats the .52 for April and the .03 for March. Here's a pic of my yard. Can you tell where the drain field is?
http://www.candlerfloridaweather.justfriendsbassin.com/drought2.jpg

We've only gotten teased with stuff this month and there have been no storms of consequence in Tampa during May (just three claps of thunder). Our precipitation is a lowly 1.43".

Central Florida - NDG - 05-31-2006 06:58 AM

Finally, a semi decent chance of rain starting today through the weekend as a trough of low pressure is moving in from the Atlantic.

Central Florida - bobbo4554 - 05-31-2006 08:54 AM

its about time it rains in this god forsaken desert state

Central Florida - Alex - 05-31-2006 06:48 PM

bobbo4554 Wrote:its about time it rains in this god forsaken desert state

Amen brother, it's beyond ridiculous, and now I have a whole slew of lovebugs caked to my car from the drive through Pasco, Hernando, and Sumter on Monday.

The stormshield will be relocating from Town N' Compton to Mobile/Pensacola between Friday and next Wednesday, so get ready (watch it rain when I'm gone...).

Central Florida - ROLLTIDE - 05-31-2006 06:51 PM

lovebugs can be removed very easily from your car with some Bounce and water

Central Florida - Alex - 05-31-2006 07:01 PM

ROLLTIDE Wrote:lovebugs can be removed very easily from your car with some Bounce and water

It matters not when all of the remaining rural areas north of Tampa Bay are loaded with them, and I'll be driving through those areas twice in the next week. It's funny because in Mobile I remember them kicking up in the Fall, but here it's late Spring. They were nuts at Webster on Memorial Day, and at one point on I-75 in Pasco, it was literally raining lovebugs.