Hardcore Weather
Central Florida - Printable Version

+- Hardcore Weather (http://hardcoreweather.com)
+-- Forum: Weather (/forum-4.html)
+--- Forum: Local Weather (/forum-13.html)
+--- Thread: Central Florida (/thread-974.html)

Central Florida - Alex - 04-12-2006 09:40 PM

katiebuglj Wrote:it never rained here!!!

the clouds came and went.....I have no idea who in PC got it but WH didn't!!

How did Winter Haven get nothing when I got deluged in Dundee?! I looked at the radar site that was posted above and saw two clusters of storms go through no less, and figured everyone got at least something. Very interesting...

Bring on the next storm, I can't wait!

Central Florida - The Bug - 04-12-2006 09:49 PM

well...maybe my house did...I didn't get home till after 9 tonight so...I have NO idea if the hosue got any (which is only 5 mins south of Dundee) but...work got NOTHING!

It skirted just to our north and our South but...not a drop!

Central Florida - NDG - 04-13-2006 07:50 AM

Katie, you were talking about the rain event yesterday, Wed, right? I think Alex was talking about Saturday night's rain.
We, here in Orlando, got a quick couple of rain squalls move through yesterday morning, I mean quick, the sun was out one minute and the next minute it really poured, the next minute the sun was out again.

Central Florida - The Bug - 04-13-2006 08:44 AM

yeah, I was talking about yesterday...and I thought he was too...but maybe not. It did rain in both Dundee and Haines City...as I have friends that live/work there. So, he wouldn't be too far off base if he meant Wed! lol

Anyway....when are we going to get some GOOD thunderstorms?

Central Florida - NDG - 04-13-2006 10:03 AM

In the short term, not much rain unfortunately, high pressure in the mid levels will be taking over starting tomorrow through early next week, caping the atmosphere from forming afternoon storms, we might a slighter chance of rain in the middle of next week, I am still hoping that after next week we start getting into a more summer like pattern of afternoon storms little by little. It is already happening in the Caribbean Islands, so that pattern might start working itself west and we start getting our usual Bermuda High build to the east of us.

Central Florida - Alex - 04-13-2006 06:12 PM

My bad, we had not even a sniff of rain on Wednesday, so I thought you were referring to the weekend's storms again. It will probably be another month or so before it rains again. If someone had told me that there was a 8-month dry and 4-month rainy season here, I would have never moved here, seriously I wouldn't have. I could have gotten this weather in California, eventually landed a cartography job there, and spared myself the limbo of finding a place to live here. Oh well...

Central Florida - The Bug - 04-13-2006 06:19 PM

funny Alex...if you look back at last year ... this time (you can see on this particular thread) that we were booming for a few months in the spring with severe weather - it was great! I've not seen a spring like this in a few years.....I would MUCH rather have what we did last year!

Central Florida - Alex - 04-13-2006 07:21 PM

katiebuglj Wrote:funny Alex...if you look back at last year ... this time (you can see on this particular thread) that we were booming for a few months in the spring with severe weather - it was great! I've not seen a spring like this in a few years.....I would MUCH rather have what we did last year!

And people have told me that too, that it's never like this. But hey, I'm tired of the storm shield and tired of being patient for it, bring on the damn storms already...

Central Florida - The Bug - 04-13-2006 07:28 PM

ha ha

did you see the moon???

Beautiful!!!

Central Florida - Alex - 04-14-2006 04:33 PM

katiebuglj Wrote:ha ha

did you see the moon???

Beautiful!!!

We had one of those moon halos last week before the storm system moved in. Whenever you see that, it's an indication of high level moisture moving it. It was dead on as we actually got rain later...