Hardcore Weather
Central Florida - Printable Version

+- Hardcore Weather (http://hardcoreweather.com)
+-- Forum: Weather (/forum-4.html)
+--- Forum: Local Weather (/forum-13.html)
+--- Thread: Central Florida (/thread-974.html)

Central Florida - Alex - 04-07-2006 09:51 PM

[COLOR="DarkOrange"]>rubs eyes< am I reading this right, or does it say "thunderstorms" in the forecast?

Sunday
Mostly cloudy with a slight chance of showers in the morning...then a chance of showers and a slight chance of thunderstorms in the afternoon. Highs in the upper 70s along the coast to lower 80s inland. Northwest winds 5 to 10 mph becoming northeast 10 to 15 mph in the afternoon. Chance of rain 30 percent.

Sunday Night
Partly cloudy with a 20 percent chance of rain. Lows around 60. Northeast winds around 10 mph.

Monday
Partly cloudy with a 20 percent chance of thunderstorms. Highs in the lower 80s.

---
If I jinx this by posting this and such, oh well, I would like to break that record dry-day spell!
[/COLOR]

Central Florida - NDG - 04-08-2006 09:22 PM

It seems like our chances of rain here in central FL are better than just 20 or 30 percent for tonight and into tomorrow, I'll say that is closer to 40%, but somewhere near us the line of rain will fall apart after midnight before refiring tomorrow, hopefully it will make it to us before it starts falling apart. We might be even be lucky enough to get some light showers on the east coast of central FL later on into mid next week.

Central Florida - NDG - 04-08-2006 11:28 PM

Yes, yes, I am getting some good rain tonight here in Orlando tonight, finally! Lots of lightning & thunder as well.

Central Florida - The Bug - 04-09-2006 08:12 PM

I just drove up from being in Lake PLacid all weekend and I drove through a great rain storm!!!

I almost drove off the road and got out to dance in it for a while!

Central Florida - Alex - 04-09-2006 08:13 PM

Low and behold, I have a thunderstorm to report about for the first time in ages! First off, me and my roomates headed to Dundee, Florida last night and overnighted there with family in Polk County. The way over saw a good bit of lightning to the north of Lakeland, enough to where I noted one CG and several embedded lightning that highlighted the cumulo nimbus (it was after dark).

At about 11:30, before watching SNL, I caught the radar on Bay News 9 and noted a few thunderstorms west of Pinellas over the Gulf of Mexico moving east, and a more organized line near The Villages and such to the north. I thought nothing much of it to be honest, so I zonked out at about 1 am.

Well a few hours or whatever later, I was awoken from my slumber to some nasty sounding thunder and bright flashes that pierced even my closed eyelids. It being 0dark30 out, I opted to just lay there and listen, and just let whatever brewed outside to do its thing. Figuring it was just a standard thunderstorm, I attempted to go back to sleep. There were some constent murmurs of thunder, and even some rain outside, but nothing was extraordinary, and since I basically need to get new recording equipment (meaning I couldn't tape the storm), I decided to sleep more and use it as background noise.

So I fell back to sleep, and I figured I'd next wake up at daylight. Damn was I wrong, as who knows how long it was, but wow, the next storm to come in was much more wicked than the first. There was a constant stream of thunder, several close-by CG's that rattled the atmosphere, and heavy rain that drenched my aural facilities! I was so zonked that I could only lay there and listen, most of the time just noting the lightning through my closed eyelids. Probably about 15 minutes or so into this storm, one CG was so loud and bright that I heard fan kick off and this sound of electricity in the air. Yup, the power cut, flickered a few times, and then died for good. So then it was me, the lightning/thunder, rain, and wind all coelescing. Wow, I haven't seen a storm of this magnitude since the odd one on September 20, 2005 in San Diego, California. But alas, it being like the one I experienced in early February in Penscola, it was too damn early for me to fully enjoy. So like the storm in Pensacola, I just laid there and listened.

When I woke up in the morning, I got a post-storm aura vibe from everything. Wow, it's been a long time since I've seen that. I imagine it's fascinating after a hurricane with all of that sinking air, and the aura you get from that. This is a huge step down of course, but the energy is still kinda similar. There were a lot of clouds around this afternoon, but temps still were around 80, and the air kinda juicy. I just hope that we don't have to wait another two months before our next storm.

How did Hillsborough fair? Did the storms basically give a glancing blow to Tampa or what? My friend Pam mentioned that it stormed, but the thunder was kind of distant despite a bunch of lightning. Unfortunately I had no computer access last night, so I have no radars saved or anything. If anyone saved one, let me know!

Central Florida - NDG - 04-09-2006 11:55 PM

Here was the rain on radar last night:
http://www.rap.ucar.edu/weather/radar/displayRad.php?icao=KTBW&prod=bref1&bkgr=black&endDate=20060409&endTime=10&duration=6

Central Florida - The Bug - 04-10-2006 07:23 AM

Crap....Alex every time you are near me .... I'm not home.

I live like 5 mins south of Dundee...LITERALLY right off of Hwy 27. Damn.

Next time you better call me!

Central Florida - The Bug - 04-12-2006 11:33 AM

HOLY CRAP

that's rain

http://www.srh.noaa.gov/ridge/radar.php?rid=tbw&product=N0R&overlay=11101111&loop=no

Central Florida - Alex - 04-12-2006 09:02 PM

katiebuglj Wrote:HOLY CRAP

that's rain

http://www.srh.noaa.gov/ridge/radar.php?rid=tbw&product=N0R&overlay=11101111&loop=no

Well I can tell you that the ground here really soaked up that 1.03 inches of rain, because on my walk through the swamp trail tonight, all of the standing water was gone already!

Central Florida - The Bug - 04-12-2006 09:07 PM

it never rained here!!!

the clouds came and went.....I have no idea who in PC got it but WH didn't!!