Hardcore Weather
Central Florida - Printable Version

+- Hardcore Weather (http://hardcoreweather.com)
+-- Forum: Weather (/forum-4.html)
+--- Forum: Local Weather (/forum-13.html)
+--- Thread: Central Florida (/thread-974.html)

Central Florida - NDG - 03-07-2006 09:15 PM

I can't wait until the summer pattern settles in Central FL, this was my first time I have spend a full winter season here, and it is BOOORINNNG weather.

Central Florida - The Bug - 03-07-2006 09:28 PM

NDG - where are you in Fl?

Yeah, ... we don't get much excitement here this time of year but....last year's Spring was amazing....so...hopefully, we will start getting some action in the next month....

I hope.

Central Florida - NDG - 03-07-2006 09:31 PM

I'm just north of Orlando in Seminole County between Altamonte Springs & Apopka.

Central Florida - The Bug - 03-07-2006 09:33 PM

cool - we are almost neighbors - I am in Polk County.

Central Florida - NDG - 03-07-2006 09:40 PM

Yeah, we sure are neighbors, I guess we will be talking a lot about weather hopefully soon, but Polk County! those sheriffs over there they are sure tough on I-4, I'm actually going over to Lakeland tomorrow to see a customer, I'm in Sales, and I could be anywhere between Lakeland, NE FL and Valdosta GA, fairly big territory.

Central Florida - The Bug - 03-07-2006 09:53 PM

Yep....my ex is a Deputy for Polk.....but he doesn't work I-4. They are pigs trust me...they love pulling people over especially now that I-4 is finished in our county - just drive carefully!

Lakeland is about a 20-30 min drive for me depending on what area I go.

You do have a HUGE territory!

Central Florida - NDG - 03-07-2006 10:00 PM

I'm used to a big territory, when I used to live in N.O. I used to cover right along I-10from the LA/TX border to the MS/AL border. And then on weekends I used to go just about every weekend to the FL Panhandle.

Central Florida - Alex - 03-07-2006 11:20 PM

Well I always knew that Tampa got very dry during the winter months, and the fall too. When I lived in Mobile it was hard enough for us to get wet cold fronts, and those that did make it often time never had the steam to sink southward to central Florida. In the fall neither Mobile or Tampa would get anything for seemingly weeks on end. Now that I'm down here experiencing it first hand, I must admit that this sucks! Even San Diego is getting more rain (granted it's the raining season)...

And from what I know about the Spring along the Gulf Coast is that March and April can be extremely dry as well. One year we had virtually nothing until the end of May!

Fortunately by then the thunderstorm season kicks in and it's a daily affair from then on until about Labor Day. But if we get a dry Spring this year it's gonna really depress me, and I'm tired of waiting for thunderstorms already! /cry

Central Florida - bobbo4554 - 03-08-2006 07:41 AM

lol yeah the weather this time does suck but we have had March's with tornadoes and lets not forget 1993's no name storm

Central Florida - Alex - 03-11-2006 04:53 PM

89 degrees for a high at Tampa/Vandeburg today, the previous record was 87, wooo!