Hardcore Weather
Central Florida - Printable Version

+- Hardcore Weather (http://hardcoreweather.com)
+-- Forum: Weather (/forum-4.html)
+--- Forum: Local Weather (/forum-13.html)
+--- Thread: Central Florida (/thread-974.html)

Central Florida - Alex - 01-28-2006 11:47 PM

Someone bring an end to this BORING weather, and you have two weeks to do it as I have to go to Pensacola to do research. I better see some changes when I get back! /smash

Central Florida - The Bug - 01-29-2006 07:59 AM

lol, Alex we are suppose to get down again by Tuesday...not sure what if any rain we will be seeing though as they are only calling for a 20% chance.

I agree...I need some weather excitement in my life .... BORING

Have a safe trip to P'Cola.

Central Florida - Alex - 01-29-2006 11:21 PM

So I embarked on the 8-hour drive to Pensacola for my job today, and low and behold once I got north of Ocala, rain! Yah, it's just boring light rain and spitting drizzle, but considering that the last time I saw any real precipitation was around Christmas in Delaware, I'll take it at this point.

My storm shield will be centered of Pensacola, Mobile, and Santa Rosa Counties for the next two weeks. If it storms in central Florida while I'm gone, that will be quite fitting >grumbles<.

Foggy and 63 here in Pensacola tonight. Escambia Bay is like glass out there. I stepped out on the balcony and took a couple of snaps looking east at Floridatown and south at the fog shrouded CSX and I-10 bridges over the bay. In retrospect it's amazing to see the bay so calm and serene and to think that it roared with a 14' storm surge just 16 months ago.

Central Florida - The Bug - 01-30-2006 08:47 AM

beautiful pictues Alex! I used to work in the same buidling as the Fish House on the Bay....If they are still open you should go there and enjoy a nice dinner on the patio!

Central Florida - Alex - 01-30-2006 09:33 PM

katiebuglj Wrote:beautiful pictues Alex! I used to work in the same buidling as the Fish House on the Bay....If they are still open you should go there and enjoy a nice dinner on the patio!

Well Ryan's Catch home to "Dockside Dining" is no more, that's for sure.

Central Florida - The Bug - 01-30-2006 09:55 PM

OMG...I used to live off of Gulf Beach Hwy.!!!!!

I haven't been up there since Ivan - I went up there a few months before he struck...just amazes me to see images like that even now!

Central Florida - Alex - 01-30-2006 10:38 PM

Well take a look at my livejournal post for some photos of destruction I took while researching today in southwest Pensacola, Warrington, and along Gulf Beach Highway.

http://aaroads.livejournal.com/19874.html

Central Florida - Alex - 02-03-2006 03:16 PM

10" of rain in Tampa while I'm in Pensacola, hmmmmm. I was in Tampa for most of January and all we got was 0.25" of rain. I leave (Taking the storm shield with me), and it rains biblical proportions. >ponders< Someone remove this damn storm shield!

Central Florida - The Bug - 02-03-2006 03:23 PM

yeah, you need to remove the shield before you come home - I am enjoying this weather too much.

thanks in advance.

Central Florida - Alex - 02-15-2006 09:42 PM

The storm shield is back as of Sunday night, so let the boring weather roll Sad