Hardcore Weather
Central Florida - Printable Version

+- Hardcore Weather (http://hardcoreweather.com)
+-- Forum: Weather (/forum-4.html)
+--- Forum: Local Weather (/forum-13.html)
+--- Thread: Central Florida (/thread-974.html)

Central Florida - The Bug - 08-01-2005 02:38 PM

Because I have a sense of humor and I know most of what everyone says on here is in a joking manner. They like to fed things to you to get your reaction. Ignore things that bother you and you probably will see less of it.

Central Florida - LI Phil - 08-01-2005 02:45 PM

Give him an inch... and he may try something even more vulgur.

I plan on that as soon as Katie cums to NY or I get down to FL.

Jeff...you make this all too easy. everytime you reply you just open the floodgates...maybe you should just go outside and play with the sharks in the bay...:fruit

Central Florida - Jeffery McElroy - 08-01-2005 02:48 PM

Thank you Katie... I don't know what I would do if you weren’t here.

Phil, don't think like that. But I will take your advice and go swimming. In the pool of course. The harbor waters are so warm that there are more sharks than usual (more baitfish).

Central Florida - The Bug - 08-01-2005 05:34 PM

Let me try this again minus the lightning strike ....

Central Florida - Jeffery McElroy - 08-01-2005 05:47 PM

Wow! Did you know that Central Florida is the lightning capital of North America? I noticed a strange thing… most thunderstorms fall apart upon hitting my harbor, and I am not exactly sure why. If you look at rainfall totals, you will see that the little peninsula Punta Gorda lies on receives far less rain that all the surrounding areas. Very strange.

EDIT: ofcourse last year, our rainfall total was considerably high, due to a certain weather even during the summer.

Central Florida - The Bug - 08-01-2005 05:50 PM

yes I did know that.

Did you know that my house was struck by lightning and caught on fire a few years ago>???? I know quite a bit about the lightning in Florida.

Central Florida - Jeffery McElroy - 08-01-2005 05:52 PM

really!? Why didn't you tell us about this? What did you do? My uncles house was struck when we were in it, and previously two houses had burnt down in the neighborhood due to lightning strikes, so we were scurrying outside and checking the roof (he averages about two tv's per year).

Central Florida - The Bug - 08-01-2005 05:54 PM

We had actually just come inside but it came in on the fido fence we were using to teach Nole to stay in the yard with and came in through the garage. Caught part of teh roof on fire, we still don't know why but it didn't amoutn to much. Fire dept came out and made sure that it was completely out but the guessed that the rain helped put it out. I was sitting on the couch and the picture fell off onto my head. Ouch. My hard head broke the picture all together. Oh well. At least I didn't burn alive! Smile

Central Florida - Jeffery McElroy - 08-01-2005 06:04 PM

Your head broke the picture!? Now that is kind of funny... in retrospect. What was the picture of, if I may ask? I am assuming "Nole" is your dog or cat. Did your hair rise up in your arms or head? In one of the times our house has been struck, my foot got shocked, as I was in a recliner pointing it up in the air.

Central Florida - The Bug - 08-01-2005 06:06 PM

Nole was the dog that had a custody battle over. I don't recall the artist but, it was a very big picture/frame and it hurt like hell. Mike insisted that the fire guys check my head out to make sure I was okay. Just confirmed the fact that I am hard headed.